The Perfectly Cooked Pork Chop.....
This is unbelievably easy to do. I always set a timer for the 2mins, it has a habit of being much faster than you might think. I have burned myself in just about every way you can with this method. If you’re accident prone you might want to pass on this or be extra careful.
1. Put a cast iron skillet (any oven proof skillet will work) in a cold oven and pre-heat to 500 deg.
2. Meanwhile, pat the pork chops dry then season on all sides with salt and pepper. (It is VERY important that your chops are dry or else they will splatter oil everywhere. I made this mistake once and ended up with blisters all over my chin and upper lip. I looked like I had some sort of skin disease or the flesh eating variety. It was very embarrassing, I kept feeling like I had to explain the situation to everyone which made me look like more of an idiot.)
3. Once the oven is to temperature carefully remove the skillet from the oven and place on the stove top on high. (as an FYI, if you’re like me and use a dishtowel as an oven mitt make sure you use multiples……it is HOT!)
4. Add 2tbs of a high temperature oil (not olive oil!) and heat
5. Add the pork chops, turning after 2 minutes (I set a timer)
6. Continue to turn every 2 mins until the internal temp on the chops is 125deg. This is usually once on each side then one extra bit on the initial side.
7. Place on a plate, tent with aluminum foil and let rest 15mins. You’ll end up with an internal temp close to 150deg F