Savory Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
I am a complete mess all day if I start out with an unhealthy breakfast. I’m better off not eating anything than a syrupy waffle, but I do love them! This is my compromise, I get the texture of the waffle without the groggy, useless feeling.
Scott and the boys still like to add some syrup but I don’t think they need it. You could put whatever you want inside but I like our breakfast sausages, our eggs and occasionally bacon. I’m getting hungry just thinking about them, I think breakfast for dinner is in order😊
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder (I’m adding green garlic from Honey Bee Hills tonight)
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 eggs beaten
2 cups of milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
4 Bull City Farm mild breakfast sausage (made into patties)
1 TBS oil or butter to cook the eggs
1. Heat the oven to 200 deg F
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil until thoroughly combined. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until mixed.
5. Let the mixture rest while the waffle maker heats up. Follow your machine’s instructions and make your waffles. Keep warm on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet in the oven until all ingredients are ready.
6. Meanwhile cook your sausages and eggs to your liking.
Assemble your sandwiches with a handful of spinach and enjoy.